Brand Logo

This is the existing brand logo...


The dove is the most distinguishing part of the MiH logo, and it's well-known that doves symbolise love

Manipulating the logo...

In 2012 MiH enlisted the help of graphic artist Christopher David Ryan to incorporate the brand's muse Chekkie Lonsdale into the dove icon which was then made into a tee.

I've started playing around with the logo, I don't want to change it too much because it's strong and simple and of course there's no MiH without the dove.

One of the things I thought at the very beginning of this project, when I decided to highlight the ethical values of the brand was to change the colour of the dove to make it modern and fresh. I also associate this colour with the words fresh, clarity, air, peace...words which fit the dove perfectly. I dropped the 'Made in London' part just to keep the logo clean and more streamlined. I felt it was a bit dated and by the end of the promotional campaign people should know the brand is British.

I also created a logo with the text 'Made in Heaven' as a nod to the original brand. I have found that when I have mentioned 'MiH' jeans to people they usually respond with 'what? who?' so at least if the full name is on the logo people know what it stands for and can choose to shorten it or use full brand name.

I also played around with the placement of the dove, making it larger and behind the text and compacting the overall logo together. 

MiH have previously highlighted the importance of the dove as in 2011 for Vogue's Fashion Night Out where they 



No comments:

Post a Comment