Initial Ideas - MiH x Pantone

I can't remember exactly where or when this idea originated but I think once I'd completed my denim review and thought about using a denim brand, MiH was the most natural one to go with especially with it being a premium denim brand - something there is not many of.

MiH Jeans
After the research I'd done so far on MiH Jeans, I started to understand the 'feel' and essence of the brand, which is very 70's vintage-inspired garments which is also evident through their Lookbook's and online blog.




Pantone
I wanted to go completely against what the brand already does and inject some fun and colour into MiH and attract a different target market. Pantone is used in the fashion industry as the colour matching system and are described by their allocated number (rather than the name of the colour).




The Idea
I read reports and articles on key colours from A/W 14 and chose some autumnal colours that would make for a great jeans collection...


Sangria, Mauve Mist, Cypress, Cognac and Bright Cobalt

I would be targeting young creatives, fashion students and creative professionals - people who know about Pantone. 

I started doing a bit of research to see if Pantone had collaborated with brands in the past - and of course they had. This put me off a bit because I didn't want to be a copy-cat and worried if I start looking at what they'd already done I'd struggle to think outside the box and find myself subconsciously using similar ideas. 

This idea therefore didn't really take off the ground. 


No comments:

Post a Comment