Initial Ideas - Fashion & Music Collaboration

Fashion & Music Collaboration

There is no better product in the fashion world that goes with music than denim. This was a natural route for me to start looking into as I have always had a love for music and it's even a career path I want to explore...the thought of creating a collaboration with music and fashion will combine my two loves and keep my interest in my project from creation to completion. My research began last semester when I was looking into various denim brands from different markets, and I started to note down key brands who have a strong music heritage, have sponsored festivals and gigs and used musical legends in their advertising campaigns.



Levi's Pioneer Sessions Campaign
For example in 2010, Levi's brought 'great jeans and great music' together and invited  musical pioneers to recreate the music that inspired them and the results were video'd and available to watch on Levi's YouTube account.
Here is one of my favourite bands The Kills covering  one of my all time favourite songs by the band The Velvet Underground 'Pale Blue Eyes'. Genius.

Why?
The aim of this campaign is to champion musical artists who embody the pioneering spirit of Levi's jeans...so using famous artists is projecting the brand into the music industry and associating it with being 'cool' and 'cutting-edge'.

My Idea
If I were to be inspired by this idea, I would be looking to get British bands on board, probably looking into new emerging talent. This kind of project reminds me a bit of Radio 1's Live Lounge which is a segment on the radio station that exhibits well-known artists performing a completely different genre of other artists songs live on air, offering a new perspective of the original song.
Miley Cyrus performing Lana Del Rey's 'Summertime Sadness' in the Live Lounge.

The only thing with this is I don't feel it is new or exciting....and that I may be taking snippets of what other brands have already done and putting a different brand name against it passing it off as my own idea. I would also have to think about budgeting and choosing the right brands which artists would want their name associated with and vice-versa.











No comments:

Post a Comment